Sunday, August 19, 2012

Three Months!

Lola will be three months old on Monday.  It's almost hard to believe.  I feel like time has stood still, but at the same time gone by so quickly.  I guess that's the sleep deprivation talking because that shouldn't make sense.  It truly is amazing how much she has changed.  Those first few weeks were so difficult, I never could have imagined actually having fun with Lola.  We still have tough days, but she just keeps getting cuter and sweeter with each day it seems.

The past week and a half have been pretty rough.  I think she has been going through the three-month growth spurt.  She went from sleeping in two four hour chunks to one night waking up every hour to then waking every 2-3 hours.  The last couple of nights she's slept around 5 hours and then woken up every 2-3 hours.  So I have to say that sleep is getting better!  The past few days she's even napped, although sometimes it's only 30 minutes.  Since I'm not used to her napping, I don't know what to do with myself.  I either rush around and fold some laundry or just sit and do nothing.  It feels nice to have a quiet break every now and then.

Since the end of this growth spurt, Lola has been trying to sit up or something.  It started with what looked like she was straining to pull her head forward, so I grabbed her hands and helped her pull up into a sitting position.  She was really wobbly headed at first (I call it jello neck), but over the course of a few days she's gotten steadier and steadier.  She has rolled over from back to tummy three times now and can do little mini-pushups.  She tries her darnedest to crawl, but it's not happening for her.  She scooches well on her back.  I'm actually a little nervous about what we're going to do when she does start crawling.  She's going to be all over the place.  We should probably start child-proofing pretty soon...

Lastly, she LOVES to coo.  She started around 6 weeks with the "gu gu gu" sounds and she's just added more along the way.  When she's particularly chatty - we'll "converse" with whatever sounds she's making.  Last weekend we got her some soft blocks that have different patterns, pictures, fabric textures and colors on them.  Her favorite seems to be the cat one because as soon as she sees it she starts cooing at it.  Too bad Dad hates cats.  I've also heard a few loud squeals lately. 

Some of you know that I did a dairy-free trial.  Well in the midst of her horrible three month fussiness I caved and ate some cheese.  I had been dairy-free for 2 and a half weeks at that point.  I had convinced myself that it wasn't working and was unnecessarily burdensome.  Well four days later of adding dairy back in my diet and her face is starting to get much redder (eczema?) and she's started spitting up milk again.  Soooo, I guess I'm going to cut the dairy again.  I ate some mac and cheese this evening for a final goodbye.  I'm not sure how long I'll have to do it, but I have a feeling the holidays are going to be less fun this year.  Is pumpkin pie dairy-free?  I miss cheese.  And butter. 

I'll leave you with a funny picture.  I guess you could consider it an out-take of sorts, I was trying to get a picture of her and she just jumped up for some reason.  It's not the best photo by any means, but it shows me how happy she is :)


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP