Thursday, September 24, 2009

Los Dos Wingos

I've been procrastinating a bit on updating because I haven't felt that too much is going on with us. However, if you're here then surely you notice our new look. It was a collaboration between Bo and I with the help of a template that I found online. I hope it doesn't take too long to load for our family with slower connections. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you and we'll work on a solution.

The biggest news going on around here is that I have applied to two jobs. Hopefully I will hear back soon. I'm so excited and ready to finally be working as a Registered Dietitian! It just seems like it's taken so long to get to this point. I'm sure there are many great candidates for the job, so I'd appreciate your prayers that I can do the best I can if I get an interview. I've always wanted a job doing something I like and at this point in my life I know that is clinical nutrition. What I like about the clinical aspect of nutrition is that you never know what is going to happen. Every patient is different and you don't always have that "text book" patient, so it can be challenging.

Other news around the Wingo homestead is that we finally got the Hackberry trees that were leaning over our privacy fence removed. One was little, but the other one was a normal sized tree. It had started to rot and was infested with mistletoe. Anyhow, the guy who cut it down put a ladder up on the tree, climbed up and started cutting limbs down. He was WAY up there, no harness, no hard hat, nothing!! I'm glad I was inside because I was panicking. Bo took a picture, but I don't have access to it right now. He didn't hurt himself so I was very happy about that. He and his associate finished in two hours. I figured it would take much longer. This weekend will be spent moving the tree branches to the curb so the city can pick them up. Twice a year they do large brush collection for free, otherwise it would cost $100. So we timed that nicely, although it wasn't originally intentional. I think we'll post the wood on craigslist as "free firewood."

I never thought I would enjoy the home improvement process. I will confess I hated painting, but the difference is amazing! I prefer landscaping, oddly enough. Once we finish with our backyard I think it will be nice. It's a mess right now, no grass, stumps awaiting removal, and a chicken wire fenced garden. Overtime, all of that will change and I think it will be just how we want it. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the mosquitos away so we can enjoy our backyard more often. Any ideas?

1 comments:

Unknown 11:36 AM  

I LOVE the new layout/template. It's so clean, crispy and easy to navigate! Awesome job.

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP