Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year



I worked the first week of January so I'm just now getting to the Happy New Year post. First of all, we had a great time visiting our families for Christmas. It's always nice visiting everyone, but Christmas makes it that much more special.


Santa came to visit Grace and some of her little friends on Saturday. She was so excited to see Santa and then once he came she was suddenly shy. I've never seen her so shy before, so it was pretty funny!






Luckily, I don't have a picture of Bo and I sitting on Santa's lap. Yep, I don't think we had a choice in the matter...haha. I don't even know what I asked him for, but I'm pretty sure I got everything I wanted :)



Over the last part of December we dog sat for a co-worker of mine. She was going to drive back to see her family in Kansas City, but decided it wouldn't be safe as they were having some major snow flurries and ice. We watched Lucy, her Italian Greyhound, for a few days while she was gone. I think it was the first time Lucy had been away from her, but she did really well. Lucy didn't care much for Cannon, and vice versa, but her and Brodie managed to get some play time in. For a dog that isn't around other dogs too much she did really well.

We didn't do anything for New Year's eve, except go to sleep. However, we went camping on New Year's day so we needed our rest. We had never been to Bastrop State Park so us and another couple from church went. It's a beautiful park, right there inside of the Lost Pines. If I get around to it, I'll try to do a write up on our camping page.

Today I'm going to start my somewhat annual "Spring Cleaning" marathon. I know it isn't Spring yet, but the house could use it and I have the time. There's always the chance that I might not have the time come Spring. Spring cleaning is a time to purge our house of the things we don't need or haven't used in the past year and re-organize. We don't have a lot of extra space in our house so it's important to only have what we need and for it to have a place. Otherwise, I go crazy looking for things. Off to clean...



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP