Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where Did January Go?

Well January isn't over yet, but it seems like it's flown by so quickly already. On my way to the grocery store this afternoon, a song came on the radio that brought me back to this time last year. The song in-and-of-itself isn't relevant, but it was new and very popular at the time so it was on the radio pretty much every time I was in my car. Anyhow, this time last year I was my foodservice management rotation. First off, I HATE hospital foodservice. Bless those that love it and are successful at it, but it just wasn't for me. I didn't like what I was doing, felt no connection with my preceptor (cold as ice!), and I missed my husband terribly. I don't think there are words for how much I missed being away from home. I haven't lived a very long time, but I'm going to say that was the lowest, darkest point of my life. Praise God I'm back home with Bo and even have a job! It's weird thinking about how different my life is now - just a year later.


Speaking of my job, in addition to my PRN in-patient position, it looks like I and the other PRN dietitian will be working with the outpatient cancer clinic. I'm pretty nervous, but excited at the same time. We haven't started yet, so I'll try to keep everyone updated on how that goes. We're first going to start by teaching people how to use their PEG tubes (feeding tube) and then will progress into doing some counseling and educations. There's also another opportunity that I might have. I would really appreciate some prayer for this as it's not definite that I will get it or even if I will be a good fit for it. I would love for it to pan out, though.

Bo and I started a new budget with the You Need A Budget (YNAB) software last week. I'm anxious to get this budget going. God has blessed us with educations and jobs and I think it would be in our best interest to honor those blessings by paying off our school debt! We've set everything up, so now we'll just need to update it weekly and actually follow it! Ideally, if we do it right we'll be paying the current month's bills with last month's income.

We're smoking a brisket right now. Bo bought a smoker from Craigslist awhile back and this is the second time we've used it. This is the first time we've ever done a brisket. It smells beyond wonderful. On one of our visits, Bo went down to the river bottom land and found a hickory tree that was about to fall so he took it back with him instead of letting it rot. I hope you all are jealous :)

Tomorrow our church is moving. I'm happy about this for many reasons, but the main one is that we will go back to one service. I miss not seeing everyone each Sunday. We're helping with the move because Bo is on the sound-team and I'm the hospitality coordinator. Hospitality is going to have a new set-up so I'm interested to see how this is going to work. I'm not worried about it though, there are so many people available to help and give input.

I'm not sure when we'll be in to visit next. Perhaps March or April. I know that seems like a long way off, but our schedules are NUTS! Love you all!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP