Friday, June 22, 2012

Almost 5 Weeks

I can't believe it's been a month already.  Time sure flies when you're sleep deprived.  Lola is napping so once again, this post may not even get published.  She is napping a tiny bit better.  It's certainly not an every day occurrence, but hopefully we will continue to improve.  Bo and I are still learning how to put her down in a way she won't wake up immediately.  I somehow managed to put her down this morning while she was still awake and she went to sleep with no issues.  That probably will never happen again :)  The evenings are the most difficult.  She likes to stay awake from about 5 or 6 until about 12AM/1AM.  The past two evenings she's been cluster feeding again, the upside is that during the night I either don't have to feed her as often (as in every 4 hours instead of 2) or she still feeds every 2 hours but for only 10 minutes or so - which means we all get back to sleep sooner.  She really is a much nicer baby when she naps.  When she's over tired she scratches and pulls at me and is just fussy in general.

Today I bought a Baby Trend Snap N Go stroller off of Craigslist.  I was reading the manual online and it mentioned the importance of the safety strap.  Well the one I have either didn't come with it or the lady lost it.  I will say that our car seat fits snugly into it and I'm not that worried; however, I also don't think it would be difficult to make one for it.  It was only $15, so I guess that's good.  I'm really looking forward to being able to take her down the road for a stroll.  I think she'll like it.  We have a BOB stroller that is much, much nicer than this other contraption, but she has to be at least 8 weeks to fit in it.  Unfortunately BOB doesn't have an infant car seat adapter for Britax seats.  The BOB will be especially nice for the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail. 

Lola's month well check went well.  She's 8lbs 12oz already.  Two weeks ago she was 7lbs 7oz!  She's also started to smile every now and then.  She does it a lot in her sleep and then if I talk to her in a high pitched voice she really seems to like that.  I haven't been able to catch one on camera though.  Hopefully soon.  I tried to take her one-month picture today (almost a week late) and she wasn't having it.  Well I hear her stirring around, so I better go.  I didn't proof read it, so I hope everything makes sense :)

Here are some pictures:





This one looks posed, but I promise it's not.  He really was smiling.  I think it's so sweet :)



Tummy Time






2 comments:

Taryn 4:12 PM  

She is so pretty and growing so fast! I love the picture with her and her daddy!

Shiffana 9:15 AM  

Awww... Love that picture with Bo! She's so beautiful Tay!

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP