Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yes, We Are Alive!

Lola is napping, well supposed to be at least, so I don't know how much I'll get to write.  She's not great at sleeping during the day for some reason.  I think we're still learning what works best for her and getting a newborn to sleep in general.  Yesterday was rough, so I was reading some stuff about getting newborns to sleep and Dr. Sears made a point about babies needing to be "parented" to sleep.  It makes sense, although when I'm tired it's not incredibly convenient.

Anyhow, today is our 8 year wedding anniversary.  I really can't believe it's been that long.  As they say, time flies by when you're having fun.  I'd have to say except for the 8 months I spent in San Antonio, it's all been lots of fun.  In August, we will have known each other for 10 years.  I can't believe I was 17 when we met...or 19 when we married - haha.  Tonight, we're going to stay at home and take care of Lola.  She's pretty much the coolest thing we've ever done together so, yeah I'm happy to be here with her and Bo. 

Lola turned three weeks on Sunday.  I still can't believe that!  I'm working on the birth story, but it might be awhile before I get it done.  When I do have the time, I'm too tired or just want to sit and stare at the TV.  I think Bo and I are finally getting used to having a baby.  I'll be honest, it's been hard.  Nothing prepares you for it, that's for sure.  We've been battling some latch issues with breastfeeding (pain!), which are getting better thanks to visiting with a Lactation Consultant and having lots of support from Bo and my mama friends.  It doesn't help that she cluster feeds quite a bit, so having to feed her a lot can be quite painful.  She's gaining weight beautifully though and that's really what matters to me.  I can't tell you how many times she's pooped and/or peed while we were changing her.  We've gotten poop on the new diaper before it's even opened, poop on the wall, poop on the couch, poop on Momma - newborns poop a lot!  It's never funny when it happens, but it's pretty funny looking back at it. 

The influx of visitors has slowed.  It was nice seeing so many people, I was actually surprised at how many people could come!  It's been nice having some time alone though to figure out what the heck I'm doing - and to be able to cry when I need to.  I had no idea that postpartum hormones were so crazy.  I've been doing a good job at taking my vitamins and supplements and Bo has been an amazing support.  Maybe I'll add in some walking soon.  I hope the hormones level out in the next few weeks though.  I get really anxious in the evenings and that's no fun.  I really do think we're getting our stride though.  I'm sure she'll shake things up in a few weeks and we'll feel like we're back to square one, but I think we're getting better at this!

Okay, well my brain is not really cooperating much today (it doesn't often these days).  I just wanted to give a quick update though and let you all know that we're doing well.  I'm not sure when we'll go back "home" to visit yet.  I have some courage to work up there!

Click here if you want to see a sneak peek of Lola's newborn session.  Isn't she beautiful?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP