Thursday, June 11, 2009

Anniversary and Cake Decorating

Tomorrow marks 5 years that Bo and I have been married. How amazing is that?! I'm not surprised, as I never had my doubts, but I can't believe it's been that long. I guess the saying is right, "Time flies when you're having fun." We're going to have a fun weekend and I'll post pictures and a write up when we're back!

Last night I started my first Wilton Method cake decorating class. It was very basic last night as it was the first class, but I'm excited nonetheless. I've already learned a lot in that one class. First off, I now know that the reason I have had a hard time icing cakes in the past was because my icing was too stiff. Cake decorating is definitely not an intuitive subject for me. Bo is going to benefit from this class as well. For the remaining classes (there's 3!), we have to bring an iced cake that is ready to decorate. That means for the next three weeks we're going to have a cake. So I will definitely be sending those babies to work with him because I will eat them ALL. haha. My mother-in-law decorates cakes and I think this is where I got the decorating bug. I'm so excited about this! I'm already considering taking the fondant and gum paste course because the class itself will be cheap (because of July specials) and the instructor said that the materials were the most expensive of all the courses.

Anyhow, I'm now going to see what else needs to be done as far as getting our gear ready for camping (we're technically backpacking). Even though we keep all our gear in one spot, it can still take a while to get it all packed. I also have to get the dogs' packs ready too!

And before I forget: the couple I mentioned in my last post is doing well. They were worried that she wouldn't have a viable pregnancy and so far it looks good. They'll be going back in a couple of weeks to the dr to check for a heartbeat. Continued prayers on their behalf is much appreciated. A guy in our group emailed everyone in our small group this prayer from the Anglican Book of Occasional Services and I think it is such a beautiful prayer for this situation. Their names have been added:

"O Lord and giver of life, receive our prayer for Keri and for the child she has conceived, that they may happily come to the time of birth, and serving you in all things may rejoice in your loving providence. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Blessed are you, Lord God. May this time of pregnancy be for Keri and Rob months of drawing nearer to you and to one another. Amen."

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP