Monday, June 08, 2009

On Friday, I painted our accent wall. It's some sort of red color, but it looks great. I'm going to do another coat and hopefully it won't need another. We used a tinted primer to help prevent the paint from looking pink, which is supposedly a common issue when painting white walls red. If we have to do more than two coats it's not an issue (as we have a whole gallon for one wall), but it's kind of a pain in the butt. It isn't pink looking (thank God!), but I can see through it somewhat. We still have to do the trim work. We primed everything at once, but I somehow still managed to get paint under the tape so I'm going to have to re-prim some spots. Luckily it's just small things so I'm not expecting it to be too time consuming. I didn't think the whole project would take as long as it has, but I also didn't expect to be so busy with church activities. I think it's a fair trade off.

Saturday we went to Schlitterbahn for Bo's annual company picnic. We had a pretty good time considering it's geared more toward families. There's plenty to do without kids, but it seems like you would have more fun if you had kids with you. Part of the day, we hung out with some good friends of ours who have three girls and that was a lot of fun. We also did some river floating within the park. It's really cool that they incorporated the Comal River into their attractions. I enjoy the untreated water aspect, as the chlorine is drying and smelly.

Sunday we went to church and that's about it. I think we were tired from all of the sun on saturday. It's good to have days where you don't do a whole lot. We try to keep a balance so we're not too tired or not too lazy. This is an art.

This week is going to be equally busy as last week, so I'm not confident we'll wrap up the painting project this week. I'm hoping next week will be the end of it!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP