Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Celebrating Life

It's been awhile since I last updated. Honestly I haven't known what to blog about.

For those readers who may not know us, my grandmother (Oma) passed away July 12. I had left Austin a few days prior to that to be with my mom at Oma's side. It's a moment in my life that I'll always remember albeit an incredibly sad moment. I have many more thoughts and feelings, but I don't find the internet an appropriate outlet for my feelings. For some it's appropriate, for me not.

I'm finding myself somewhat worn out today. We're celebrating my sister's 4th birthday this weekend and I'm making her cake. It's been close to a month since I finished my Wilton technique class and I haven't been able to practice since then. I'm hoping the cake turns out nice. I'm going to keep it simple so I think it will be okay. Being hunched over decorating is a bit tiresome. I did a practice run yesterday and while it tasted oh so fabulous, the icing was not stable enough at Texas room temperature. I've found another icing recipe that I think tastes good, but it's not as out-of-this-world as the former. That's okay though. I'm going to practice on it tonight, get Bo's help and opinion and then get my final plan in stone. I'll make everything tomorrow: cake, icing, decorations, etc and assemble/decorate early Friday morning and then go back to East Texas. I'm excited.

We're also having a Celebration of Oma's life on Sunday. Those of you who read, I would appreciate prayers of peace at this time. Although we'll be celebrating her life, our hearts are still broken and it's going to take some time to heal. She'll be greatly missed.

1 comments:

Unknown 3:19 PM  

I've never been close to any of my extended family, but I remember how upset I was when my mentor died. I still think about him a lot, and it still hurts 15 months later.
I know your Oma meant a lot to you; it's good to celebrate, and you'll remember her as a wonderful, happy, loving woman.

I'm sure the cake will be great, by the way. You never cease to amaze :)

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP