Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday we went to the Zilker Botanical Gardens for their annual Bamboo Festival to try and find some bamboo for our backyard. We didn't buy anything partly because bamboo is a LOT more expensive than we thought it would be and also because we're not 100% on what variety we need. I have a general idea, but I think I'm going to wait until November to start looking again.

After that I worked on a pasta salad for our church potluck, and Bo changed the oil in his truck. I'm glad that Bo changes the oil himself as it saves us both time and money. I think the one (and last) time he went somewhere to have it done it took two hours. I guess everyone in Austin gets their oil changed at the same time. After I made the pasta salad, I went and worked out in the garden. Mostly just prepping it for a fall garden. I still haven't decided what I'm going to plant, but it won't be much. I think I'll plan more for next spring.

I've been trying to talk Bo into letting me adopt a rabbit. I played with the rabbit at my mom's house and I just fell in love with it. We had rabbits when I was very young, well we had a rabbit ranch, so I'd say we definitely had more than a few. Maybe that's why I like them. I don't know, they're interesting animals. I've been researching cages so Bo can build me something if we agree on a rabbit. It'll probably be a couple of months though before we decide.

This coming week will be busy! Perhaps I'll update more throughout the week since I'll actually have something to blog about.

1 comments:

Rebecca 9:44 PM  

It would be fun to have a bunny, but would it be in danger from dogs?

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP