Thursday, August 06, 2009

We're Going To Be Frank

Actually we're still the Wingo's (not Frank), but I think this postcard is rather frank and frankly that's why I love it:

This care was on Post Secret a week or so ago and I instantly related to it. I've never sent a card in, but it feels good to come across ones that I could have sent it. Perhaps it's a little crude for some of you, but I think that's just kinda how it is. We're supposed to know stuff and deal with certain aspects of our mates that no one else does, right?

Anyhow, a couple of months ago Bo went in for a routine dental appointment and was referred to an oral surgeon's office to have his palate evaluated. Our dentist explained that it was probably nothing to worry about, but his palate was whiter than usual. Basically his "normal" palate color might not be the "usual normal." Confusing you yet? Just to be safe though he went ahead and referred him. My heart pretty much melted when Bo told me. All he told me was that it was a different color than it should be and I knew exactly what that meant.

There was a possibility my husband could have oral cancer.

Today we went in for the evaluation and the doctor said it looked fine and that his palate is just higher and lighter than usual, but that there were no indicators that anything was wrong and there was no need for a biopsy.

What a relief.

The thought of losing my husband (and incredibly very best friend in this world) was terrifying?sad? I'm not sure there's a word for it. I just prayed and prayed that nothing would be wrong, as selfish as it may seem. I do believe that God would take care of us and provide for us regardless of the outcome.

I hope that this card comes true, as crude as it may be.

1 comments:

Unknown 9:56 AM  

I loved this card too!

I'm glad that Bo is alright :) I remember when my Dad got skin cancer, and that was pretty scary. I can only imagine facing something like that, even the possibility of it, with your husband. Glad he's fine!

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP