Sunday, May 09, 2010

Well Hello May!

So I don't think it's a secret that I'm not very good at blogging. I'm trying to think about what has happened since my last post. In February, I started getting a lot more hours at work and started seeing patients at the outpatient cancer clinic. I also started taking sewing classes at the Stitch Lab (Bo's Christmas present to me). In March, we celebrated Bo's 26th birthday at Hudson's on the Bend where we feasted on a variety of wild game - it was delicious.

April was a big month. I started quilting and I got a full-time job. Yep, my first full-time job! On Monday I started orientation at the Austin State Hospital. Orientation will last another week. We've spent a lot of time learning about mental illness, intellectual disabilities and a technique called Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PMAB). I've learned so much in such a short amount of time. I find it all very interesting (and I love to learn about new things). Bo has also been doing well at work. He was commended by his manager for doing such great work that they gave him a $200 gift card for Eddie V's (and there is a choice of two other restaurants that I don't recall). He's been working hard since he started his new project, so it's nice to know that his manager recognizes his hard work.

Here is a picture of my first completed sampler block. You don't have to look hard to find mistakes, but it's my first and I'm proud of it.


I took the picture will my phone, so the lighting isn't great. (the background is my ironing board). Hopefully I'll have the previous month's block finished by the end of the week. I attend a monthly quilting class taught by a woman that I go to church with (Dolores). Each month we start another block of the quilt. I think it'll take a year or so to do the whole project. Dolores has offered to give me some instruction on a scrap quilt to work on also. This should be a nice project that doesn't require much skill. Which is nice because I don't have much of that...haha.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP