Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quick Update

I've been wanting to update the blog for sometime now, but I just never seem to remember to do it when I actually have the time (I think this is "pregnesia"). Anyhow, I finally remembered and thought I would try to do a quick update. Hopefully everyone knows by now that we're having a GIRL!!! I felt all along that it was a girl and of course I had a 50/50 chance, but it's still cool that my feeling was right. We're absolutely thrilled to be having a healthy little girl!

Here she is:

As for names. We do have a name picked out, but our plan is to wait until she's here to tell everyone. I'm not giving out any hints either :)

On January 15, we started our Bradley Method classes. Basically, it's a naturally approached childbirth method that emphasizes the husband's role as the birth coach. So far I've really enjoyed it, although we haven't really gotten into the nitty gritty. Last week was the nutrition part and so that was nothing new for me :) However, we had to keep a food log and I realized that I am not eating enough, especially protein. I was really surprised by this because I already felt like I was eating all the time. Now I really feel like I'm constantly eating. I find that it's really important that I eat right before bed, regardless of whether or not I'm actually hungry. No bed time snack and little girl has me up at 4:30-5AM eating a snack. Bo even got to partake in an early morning breakfast with me at Kerbey Lane Cafe. You can get the breakfast platter for like $3.50 before 7AM, how cool is that ?!

Lately we've been really busy cleaning out the "office" and purging it of anything we don't need. Most notably, we've taken out the desk and replaced it with a giant bookcase from Ikea. The painting is almost done, the bookshelf is almost ready for books and soon we'll be able to take put everything back in there. The nursery is FULL of office stuff. Seriously, I can't walk into the room. I'm not worried though, we have just over 4 months until we need the nursery.

Lastly, I thought I would post a picture of my progress. I'm currently between 22 and 23 weeks. If I got to see everyone on a regular basis, I would not put pictures of myself like this online...so I hope you enjoy them :) We likely won't get around to taking pictures each week, but hopefully every 2-3 weeks we'll do it. Brodie sat in with me on this one, haha.



3 comments:

Unknown 3:27 PM  

YAY!!!!! That's a lot to update in one "quick" little post! Congrats again, you look (as always) beautiful!

Christina 6:02 PM  

I already said it but I'll say it again, YOU'RE SUPER CUTE! I am looking forward to these updates! Love you guys! PS-I bet Brodie will me a great big brother :).

Unknown 9:12 PM  

Girl - you look fabulous! Can't wait to hear how you liked the Bradley classes. They were invaluable to us - if even just to understand childbirth better and know how to work together in labor. Hope they are a great experience for you!

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP