Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good Morning!

It's roughly 6:15 AM at the start of this post. I've been up since about 3AM, and since I figured it would be awhile before I go back to sleep, I might as well post. I'm running on less than 4 hours of sleep, so if something doesn't make sense or my grammar is even worse than it usually is, you'll know why.

Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to take any pictures over the last month. The weather has been gross and Bo has been working quite a bit. I think if I remember, I'll make it a priority to do that this weekend. I do enjoy seeing our progress and hopefully you do too.

We had an appointment about two weeks ago and everything seemed fine. We got to briefly hear her heartbeat again, which is always nice! At the 14-week appointment, she had to search awhile for it, but this time we found it almost immediately. In a couple of weeks I'll go for another appointment and they'll test me for gestational diabetes. I'm really not looking forward to this. I have to fast for something like 12 hours and then drink an orange-flavored glucose drink. Lately, I've been either waking up starving or having to eat in the middle of the night. Yesterday morning I felt horrible and I'm 100% sure it was all blood sugar. I should have tested it...I have a glucometer around here somewhere.

Little girl really started moving a lot these past two weeks. She's been quieter the past few days, but she's picked it back up this morning. It's even to the point now where Bo can actually feel it. He gets so excited and I'll never forget his first reaction. I'm just glad he gets to experience those aspects of the pregnancy. Overall, I've felt pretty good. Bo probably wouldn't know that because he gets to hear me whine about every ache and pain :) I have some pretty serious reflux that sometimes responds to enzymes or the occasional Tums, but other than that everything else has been manageable. I feel constantly hungry...all the time. A friend of mine, who is also pregnant, asked me if I ever got tired of eating. I said YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one. As much as I hate going to the grocery store, I find that going twice a week ensures that I have a good variety of things to eat. Having fresh eggs available is also nice. I had a great omelet a couple days ago.

I'll stop talking about food now. In all seriousness, I would like to ask for prayer for Bo. We are going through what I call a "busy season" of work. I guess this all started about a week or two ago, so we're both still a little shocked by it all, but hopefully we'll hit a stride soon. Not that it will be any easier. He's concerned he might be getting sick, which is not uncommon during these stressful times. He's such a hard worker and I'm incredibly thankful for everything he does for us. He rarely complains and despite the late nights, he's rarely crabby (unlike me -ha!).

Well I'm going to try and get some sleep before I need to wake Bo up for work. We miss everyone "back home" and will come back for a visit once our Bradley (child birthing) classes are over in mid-March!

2 comments:

Christina 1:34 PM  

Thanks for the update! How are you liking your Bradley classes?

W 1:40 PM  

I'm enjoying them! I get too bogged down when I try to read about labor, etc, so it really helps spread the information out. I love the husband-coached aspect. Originally I thought I would want a doula, but my confidence in Bo builds with each class - I really don't think a doula is necessary in our case! When we signed up, I was afraid that it was too early to take it, but I'm glad that we'll have the extra time (2.5 months) to go over everything...there are some gals that might not make it to the last class! I am SO ready to meet this little girl!

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP