Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Almost 34 Weeks!

I keep thinking I'll get around to posting a picture, but both of our camera batteries are dead and we can't find the charger. We should probably find it before we have the baby! Instead, I'll post a picture of Bo painting the nursery. His phone takes great pictures!

We, really Bo, started this last night. We've been ready to start for a few weeks now, but we were both avoiding it because we were afraid it wouldn't turn out well. I think we both completely underestimated Bo's ability for fine detail. It looks awesome! I think we have something like three gray stripes left to paint, so I hope we're able to get those done within the next couple of weeks. It took about two hours to do this one, so I don't want him to completely burn out trying to do them all at one time.

Bo has been working on the VW Westfalia Van a lot. We got the van shortly after we moved to Austin, but when I went into my internship we had zero money for working on it (or anything, really). It's been registered, inspected and insured for a couple of weeks now, and now that Bo can drive it around we're finding out what other stuff needs to be fixed. We're currently waiting on some sort of part for the gear shifting mechanism. The new tent for the pop up came yesterday...I really can't wait to see how great it looks! The current tent is pretty gross.

We had another check-up yesterday. All went well! The midwife we had this time was the same one we had for our first appointment. I really like her! I have to say that I have so far enjoyed my prenatal care at this practice. I chose the practice when moved here, specifically for their support of natural childbirth, so I'm glad it's lived up to the reputation.

I'm doing well. Allergy season is in full-force so that's not been fun for neither of us. I'm sleeping pretty well, every now and then I'll have a night when I don't sleep much, but the third trimester insomnia hasn't hit yet. The Braxton Hicks are definitely becoming more intense. I started taking papaya enzymes again with my meals because the heart burn/indigestion was getting really bad. It felt like knives in my throat sometimes. Baby seems really comfortable up by my ribs. I hope she enjoys it because I do not. Sometimes it's just a dull soreness and other times it's a quick stabbing feeling. It's quite painful, especially when I drive. For some reason, that angle really encourages her to move into my ribs. As long as she stays head down, I don't care where she is...haha.

I can't believe we're only 6-weeks out! I feel like I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in, but I think I'm just being paranoid. I have a few house projects that need finishing up, namely: take one final load of "giveaways" to Saver's Thrift Store, Organize the new office/library space, hang up pictures in the hallway (this project came out of nowhere - ha!), and finish up the nursery the best we can. The nursery needs: painting to be finished, clothes need to be hung (thanks to my wonderful friend Krista for the hand me downs!), cloth diapering system ready to go (diaper pail, wet bags, diaper sprayer, etc) and lastly a mattress. I imagine the decorating of the nursery won't happen before she gets here. We'll see. Maybe I'll get super-nesty there at the end! Oh and I need to pack our hospital bag...that's probably one of the most important things that needs to get done!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks! Some of you haven't seen me since Christmas (or at all!) so I imagine I'm going to be pretty huge compared to then! Lot's of love to you all!

2 comments:

Lynette 10:49 PM  

Thanks for the update!! You and the baby girl looks great & of course the painter in the nursery is so handsome. The nursery is looking good!I won't be surprised if; Bo paints some maroon & white stripes or "baby" Aggies running on the wall. LOL

I'm so happy for you two.Sounds like you and Bo have everything under control; all we need is the precious baby girl to spoil.

Keep up the great work taking care of you,the baby and of course Bo!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Lynette

Lynette 10:52 PM  

Thanks for the update!! You and the baby girl looks great & of course the painter in the nursery is so handsome. The nursery is looking good!I want be surprised if; Bo paints some maroon & white stripes or with "baby" Aggies running on the wall. LOL

I'm so happy for you two.Sounds like you and Bo have everything under control; all we need is the precious baby girl to spoil.

Keep up the great work taking care of you,the baby and of course Bo!!

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Lynette

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP